Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pregnancy update

I have officially reached what they call the half-way point--20 weeks. I don't really buy this, though, because you don't even know you're pregnant the first 4 weeks. I had an ultrasound this week, and everything looked great. The baby was measuring 1-2 weeks ahead of my due date. I'm not really sure if this means anything, except maybe a big baby. (Of course, the doctor kept saying Benjmain would be big, and he was average--7 lb, 8 oz.) I try not to think that the measuring ahead of my due date means that I'll deliver early. August will already be a very long month! This was the ultrasound we could have found out the sex of the baby, but we're choosing to wait again. This annoys our control-freak friends, but I think it gives you something to look forward to as delivery time approaches. Besides, of course, meeting the baby!

I've been having high blood pressure issues, but it was closer to normal last time I was at the doctor. All of the numerous tests I had to take came back normal, so that was good news. Now I know what older people who are always at the doctor feel like! Hopefully my blood pressure will continue to stay near the normal range.

I've been feeling the baby move for about a month now, which is so exciting! I felt it a couple weeks earlier this time than with Benjamin. Jonathan's even been able to feel it several times. I must be starting to look fairly pregnant to other people now, because yesterday a mom at the park asked me if I was pregnant--always a brave thing to do, in my opinion! Benjamin has also been making comments whenever he sees me without my clothes. He looks at me, and says, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy." This is usually followed by, "I have a baby in my tummy, too!" Occasionally, he also tells Jonathan that Daddy has a baby in his tummy. Not sure this really boosts Jonathan's self-esteem!

Anyway, there's the update for all who are interested!

No comments: