Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Conversations

Benjamin is at that age where every day he says something amusing or interesting or insightful...

Said to Grandma while we were in Colorado, and Grandma was chasing him: "Grandma, you're pretty fast for an old person!"


While talking about sharing cars with Paul: "I like to share the weird cars with Paul." Spoken like a true older brother!


Conversation while putting together a Noah's Ark puzzle:
"Mommy, let's pretend we're in heaven."
"Okay."
"Hmmm...I wonder where Jesus it?"
"I don't know. He must be doing something else."
"I know! How about you pretend to be Jesus."
"Um, all right."
"Jesus, you sent this flood didn't you? No, actually it was God."
"That's right."
"And all of the people in the ark died."
"No, all of the people that weren't in the ark died."
"Oh, yeah. They died because their houses got flooded."


And another heaven conversation:
"Mommy, I'd like to go to heaven soon. When do you think we should go?"
"Well, remember you have to die first."
"Oh, yeah, so maybe when I'm really old then I'll die and go to heaven."
"Are you excited to go to heaven?"
"Yeah! Because you get to see Jesus there!"

That conversation really got me thinking. How many of us are actually excited to go to heaven and see Jesus?

No comments: