Monday, October 22, 2012

Benjamin's Questions

Benjamin has always been full of questions, but lately some of them have been a little more deep.  Here's a sampling of some of the things that have come out of his mouth lately:

  • I hope I always believe in Jesus, don't you?
  • What happens to the people who don't believe in Jesus?
  • Will I be old enough to take care of myself when you die Mommy?
  • I hope Daddy doesn't get hit by a car and die.
  • What happened to Judas after he betrayed Jesus?
  • Why do I have to go to school everyday?  
  • I wish I could stay home and live with you forever!  (Might have to look back on this one when he's a teenager!)
  • Who will teach me how to drive?
  • Uncle David asked me what I was doing in school.  I responded that I am learning my letters and how to sit quietly and raise my hand when I have something to say.  (Seriously, he used the word "responded!")
  • What happens if I miss the bus?
  • Does God make tornadoes happen?
  • When is the world going to end?
  • What if we had a fire in our house, and there was a tornado outside?
  • And there are the incessant questions when I'm cooking.  Ever since Jonathan accidently put an electric kettle on a stove this summer at a cabin, Benjamin wants to know if everything is okay while I'm cooking.  Doesn't help that they just went over fire safety in school! Wherever could he have gotten "worry genes" from?!  No one on either side of the family ever worries!  (Nor are we sarcastic!)
Fortunately, we have not gotten this question yet:  "Where do babies come from?"

No comments: