Saturday, July 11, 2009

3-D Ultrasound Pics

Our baby girl


...or boy!

These pictures were taken about a month ago.  You can see the little nose and mouth, and the arm covering the eyes.  This was the first time I'd had a 3-D ultrasound--it was amazing how much clearer it made everything.  At the time of the ultrasound, they told us the baby weighed 3 lbs, 12 oz, which is larger than average for that point.  I always wonder how accurate they are, because they kept telling us Benjamin was going to be a big baby.  Then he weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz, which is just average.  Granted, he was a week and a half early.  We haven't had a feeling--girl or boy--at this point.  We were so sure Benjamin was going to be a boy.  Benjamin keeps saying he'll have a baby sister, but that's probably because all the books we have, the mom has a baby girl.  

I'm at 32 weeks right now, so I'm starting to get large and slightly uncomfortable.  Fortunately, we've had a very cool summer so far, so I'm loving that.  We've been getting Benjamin's "big boy" bedroom set up.  We'll be moving him to his new bed in a few days, so we'll see out that venture goes...  It makes me sad to think my baby is ready for that!  Of course, lifting him in and out of the crib is not easy these days, so the other bed will definitely save my back.  He seems very excited about his new bed, so we'll see...

No comments: