Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just life

I was just thinking the other day how we haven't been sick for awhile. I guess I jinxed us, because both boys have runny noses and colds. Oh well, doesn't seem to be too serious.

Yesterday morning Jonathan and Benjamin went to a train show, so it was just Paul and Mommy at home. I think Paul missed his brother, because that afternoon when they got home, Paul grinned every time he heard Benjamin talk and he had several giggle fits over Benjamin's antics. It is so adorable to watch Paul watch Benjamin. I'm pretty sure Benjamin is his favorite person (unless it's meal time, maybe).


We got these letter magnets out the other day. Benjamin had to line them all up by color. I think he's going to be organized. He has a red bucket and a green bucket that his cars and trucks go in. When he picks up, the green vehicles have to go in the green bucket, and the red ones in the red bucket. It's been fun to see him learning reading readiness skills (hmmm...could I be a teacher?!). He knows most of his letters, and some of the sounds. He knows the beginning letters of all of our names. B is for Benjamin, P is for Paul, M is for Mommy, and D is for Daddy. I just love how he just learns this naturally. It's not like we're "working" to learn it. It's just another example of how children learn through play. But, anyway, cute story...I had put Paul to bed one night and he wasn't quite asleep. After listening to him scream for some time, I went in to soothe him. Benjamin followed me in (always very helpful) and gave me the letter "P" to give to Paul. He thought this would make him feel better. =)



Doesn't get much cuter! I love those rosy cheeks!

2 comments:

Jonathan Buescher said...

That is the cutest picture!!

Unknown said...

Great pic! And great updates - you have two fabulous little guys... they must have wonderful parents! :)