Thursday, February 25, 2010

Potty training--week #1

WARNING: This post may contain explicit content. Read at your own risk, preferably not during the consumption of food!

Benjamin has completed a week in undies. He has done fairly well with #1. We still have a long way to go with #2! I don't know what it is, but there's just something extremely disgusting about cleaning poop out of underwear! I guess it's no different than the days of cloth diapers. At least he is still pooping though, and isn't holding it in, as I've heard stories about. He is recognizing when he needs to pee, though, so that's been good. We're still having accidents, but at least he knows when he needs to go. He's also been staying dry at nap time, and was dry one night as well. (I've been putting him in diapers at nap and bed time.) So, at least I know the bladder control is there. We've been doing pull-ups out in public. That's been going well. He's used several different public restrooms, so I'm glad he's okay with that. We had a few days of using the kitchen timer--when it went off every hour or so, he was supposed to try and go potty. We had a Pavlov thing going, but now he doesn't want to use it anymore. I guess it's better if he just learns to listen to his body, anyway. Benjamin has been extra clingy this week, I'm guessing because of trying to learn this new thing. He gets pretty upset when he has an accident. I try really hard not to make a big deal out of it, and try not to show how grossed out I am by cleaning up the poop. =) So, all in all, it hasn't been bad, but we've still got a ways to go! I'm sure this has been much, much more than many of you wanted to know, but there you have it--you were warned! =)

No comments: